Would You Know If Your Client Was Having A Mental Health Crisis?You think you know your clients, right? You’ve crafted their financial plan after speaking with them extensively, and their well-being is certainly a priority of yours. But we in the US are in the midst of a mental health crisis, and much of it is invisible until it’s too late. As financial advisors, we aren’t trained to be able to identify signs of emotional or mental crisis.
Did you know?
- 26% of adults have a diagnosable mental illness.
- The suicide rate is at its highest in a half-century and is particularly pronounced among middle-aged white men.
- Depression is involved in more than 2/3 of the suicides in the US each year.
- 2/3 of people with depression don’t realize they have a treatable illness and don’t seek treatment.
- Anxiety disorders affect 18% of Americans.
What You Can DoJoin us and learn Mental Health First Aid, which is an 8-hour course that gives people the skills to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. It teaches us how to recognize signs and symptoms and how to get the person to the right professional.
Where: PGA National Members Club
(400 Avenue of the Champions, Palm Beach Gardens)
When: Friday, October 4, 8am-5pm
(breakfast at 7:30 and lunch included)
This free event is made possible by Alpert Jewish Family Services
Limited seating. RSVP by September 15 to Vidya@suddenmoney.com
We encourage you to donate $100 to Alpert Jewish Family Services here.